Monday, April 07, 2008

holy tuna cakes batman!!

We had tuna cakes for dinner. They were surprisingly good. I got the recipe from kraftfoods.com. I added a little green onion, left out the relish, and halved the recipe. It was the perfect amount of food for me and Clark. The only problem I had, was that the cakes really stuck to my pan. So I wonder if it would be better to use oil next time, instead of Pam. Or maybe I just need to use more Pam.


Prep Time:10 min


Total Time:26 min

Makes:6 servings, two tuna cakes each

2 cans (6 oz. each) light tuna in water, drained, flaked
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/3 cup KRAFT Mayo Real Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. CLAUSSEN Sweet Pickle Relish
3/4 cup water

MIX all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 10 min.

HEAT large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. For each tuna cake, shape 1/3 cup lightly packed tuna mixture into patty. Add patties to skillet in batches.

COOK 3 min. on each side or until golden brown on both sides, turning over carefully.

Substitute
Substitute 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, 1/2 cup chopped green onions and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice for the Cheddar cheese, carrots and pickle relish.
How to Prevent Fish Cakes from Falling Apart
Shape patties as directed; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to help firm them up before cooking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple of things you could try.

1 spray a little pam on the tuna cake before you pan fry it (I'm not sure if this will work but it's worth a try)

2 use a non stick pan (maybe you did)

3 don't try to turn them too soon. all fish tends to stick if you try to turn it too soon. Just keep trying to gently lift an edge untill it releases.

4. go to McDonalds for a fish sandwitch if all else fails

Dad

Anonymous said...

Sounds really good! I would include the relish tough..I love it. I like the idea of the stuffing mix. Can't wait to try it. . . maybe tomorrow.

mamagee said...

This really does sound delicious!!