Sunday, August 31, 2008

Camping

We went camping with some friends this last weekend in Estes Park, which is about 1 1/2 hours north west of our house in Rocky Mountain National Park. We had a really pretty campsite, with lots of trees. Overall, I would have to say that Corbin did really well with his first tent camping experience. The first night was pretty rough, he woke up around 5 or 6 times. However, the second night Corbin didn't wake up at all, which was really nice because Clark and I were pretty tired that night. We went on two hikes while we were there, and Corbin fell asleep in his baby backpack during both of them. I seriously love that backpack.
My two boys
Our friends brought their hammock. I was surprised that Corbin didn't like it. I think Corbin looks so cute all bundled up in this picture, we had just woken up and it was still pretty cold.

Corbin had so much fun playing in the dirt and rocks. Since he is still really unsteady on his feet, he crawled around everywhere and was covered in dirt.
We went into downtown Estes to get some ice cream. I definitely want to go back and spend some time roaming around downtown Estes. It is a really quaint, cute place.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time..and the pics of Corbin are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a relaxing and beautiful trip. We went to Estes park when Cade and Garrett were just little. I remember loving it. You guys look like you had a really good time. Corbin is a cutie, as always.

Anonymous said...

Fun times. It makes me want to go camping just looking at the pictures. I love the waterfall one. It's beautiful. Corbin is adorable.

mamagee said...

It makes me miss Estes Park and you guys very much. When we come for the game, maybe we can plan on stopping at Estes Park and looking around. It really is a fun little town!! Corbin is such an adorable camper!! As are his parents!