Today we were supposed to babysit for some people from church, but they ended up cancelling at the last minute (kind of annoying because some friends invited us to go bike riding up in Vail, and we had to turn them down). So, we decided that we should still do something fun today. We drove up to Mt. Evans. Unfortunately we hit some really bad traffic, and for 70% of the drive Corbin was screaming because he was super tired, but wouldn't fall asleep. But once we finally made it to the mountain (and Corbin had taken a little nap), we were really glad that we hadn't thrown in the towel and gone home. Apparently Mt. Evans is the highest paved road in North America. Pretty cool stuff. It was really nice to relax and get away for a little while.
Summit Lake
At the top
While we were at the top, it started snowing! I gave Corbin my sweater to try and keep him warm, but I don't think it helped much.
Coming down the mountain, we turned a corner and were surprised to see this beautiful rainbow!

8 comments:
You got some really good shots! I see that you are reading the lighting thief series. What do you think? Have you finished all of them?
oh.my.gosh. it's pictures like these that make me really miss Utah. (I know, I know, you're in Colorado. But, the mou-ains are so awesome. We just don't have that kind of stuff here. I really miss it.) I CAN'T believe it snowed on you guys! Snow is so far out of the realm of possibility here - it just blows my mind.
I really like the rainbow pictures!! Nicely done, mace-face.
janet-
they are fun books, i like them. thanks for recommending them to me!
Wow...it looks like you had such a fun weekend! Love the pics..especially the rainbow!
what a fun weekend adventure! I love the pics. I can't believe it was snowing at the top!
I love the pictures! It is 98 degrees right now and 123 heat index and the thought of it snowing is like heaven!! I do love the rainbow pictures and as usual, Corbin is a doll!!
looks like a blast. i cant believe you guys got snow. nice pics
Those pics look incredible! Those rainbow pictures look fake, it's so beautiful!
Post a Comment