Thursday, March 01, 2007

Stick a fork in me, I'm done

I finally had acupuncture today. What an interesting experience. Basically an acupuncturist can figure out what is going on in your body by first looking at your tongue, and then listening to your pulse. Paul (my boss, an acupuncturist) looked at my tongue, and he said that it was soft, which means that I tend to worry, but I worry less than I did in the past (which is very true). And then he listened to my pulse, and he figured out that my body is not in balance. The body runs through 5 elements: water, fire, wood, metal, and earth (not in that order though, I don't remember the exact order). Basically my body has decided to skip over metal altogether, which is why I am experiencing very dry skin, and am breaking out. So Paul then went to the element before metal, which I believe is wood, but I could be wrong, and that element is governed by nutrition. So I have been given a new diet, and some herbal supplements becuase I don't eat fish. And I am to take the supplements each day, and go off the benzaclin that Dr. Hansen prescribed to me, and that should help clear up my skin, because eating properly will help my body to stop passing by metal. Paul also stuck 10 needles in me to help my metal. I got one in between my eyes, two on each calf, two on each arm, and one on my left ear. It was a very relaxing experience, and I could really only feel one of the needles as it went in, the rest I couldn't feel. I think I am a fan of this acupuncture stuff. Staci likey

3 comments:

Travis Butterfield said...

wow, cool! I was always fascinated with acupuncture when I was on my mission. As you can imagine, it's pretty big there.

Anyway. I just thought I would tell you that I think you're going to have a girl. I decided that today. And Lindsay will have another boy.

The End.

by, Travis Butterfield

Anonymous said...

Staci,
You are a lot braver than I could ever be. A needle between the eyes!! Sounds like it wasn't as painful as I have imagined. Way to go.

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I think acupuncture has its place for sure. But I hesitate about going off the benzaclin. Be careful about the fish supplements too. Look to see if the ingredients include mercury, (like tuna), which is harmful if eaten often. Search that out when you have time.. Ask your OB doctor about all of this. Acupuncture is relaxing...kind of fun huh! Cute "ticker" time line. We called Jeff "little ticker" before he was born!