Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Clark the Toolman

Well, it's is official. We now have a working ceiling fan installed in our bedroom. Check it out.

Cutting the wall....the point of no return
The switch on the right is the original, we couldn't make it into a double switch thingy because there are a million studs on this wall. We created the switch on the left, and we perfectly put it between the studs. There is maybe 1-2 inches of clearance on each side of the switch.

9 comments:

Butterfield Family said...

I'm impressed. If I tried to do something like that it would end up broken and in the dumpster.

Anonymous said...

I hope that the "I" dog isn't as crazy as penny was about those scary ceiling fan thingy dingys.
Dad

Unknown said...

it's funny, izzy was really scared of the hole in the ceiling. she kept on looking up at it and growing at it. she is less scared of the fan, but she is always glancing up nervously at it. it makes me laugh. crazy dog.

TBUTT13 said...

wow not too shabby clark! i would ruin it too. that soup is so good by the way!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Clark and Staci!! I know that you must have been Clark's right hand man (oops - woman!) It really looks great. Watch out more snow is coming your way. Way to go BYU - a wonderful win at Air Force, by the hair of someone's chinny chin, chin.

Anonymous said...

Clark & Staci,
You did a great job and the fan looks great! You're becoming an old pro at fixing up.

Love, Dad

Travis Butterfield said...

yeah, I tried to fix my ceiling fan at my old apartment, and proceeded to break it completely. It ended up in the dumpster. I was going to buy a new one and install it, but the landlord wanted to have his handyman do it. I can't imagine why. But, I was glad to let him, because it isn't easy to fix a ceiling fan when you don't have a ladder. The rolley chair I was standing on would shift and move on me. It was pretty scary.

Travis Butterfield said...

p.s. cool stork counter thingy!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! What a difference the fan will make especially in the summer. Clark..you are the man! :)