Good news. I just got a call for a second interview for that receptionist job. They want me to come in tomorrow for two hours to see if I will like the job, and if it will be a good fit; and then I will meet with the boss for another interview. The other receptionist that called me said that since it is Friday, it is okay to wear jeans, however, I feel like I should still dress up nice to make a good impression. What is everyone's opinion?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hmmm. Tough question, because you always want to make a good impression, but there is another school of thought that you should dress for the job you are interviewing for. I personally think it's better to be overdressed rather than underdressed, especially in an interview setting (ask dad about Charlie Arnold if you want a real-world example). Good luck with the 2nd interview.
Staci,
Congratulations!! I hope that things go smoothly for you tomorrow. About the dress for the interview - it is totally correct that it is better to be overdressed than underdressed and you do want to make a good impression, but they did mention that on Fridays jeans are okay, so I would wear something a little nicer than jeans, but still in the pants family. Does that make sense? Even though I am just boxing chocolates it is hard for me to wear jeans. Old habits and old school, I guess. Good luck tomorrow and you will be in our prayers!
Awesome! Maybe one day you'll actually amount to something other than being just a member of the unemployed masses! Ha ha. Good luck with your interview. Yeah, I think you've gotten some good advice. If I were you I would rent a formal gown, like you were going to prom. That should make a good impression. Bwa ha ha.
I agree with Linda..GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Post a Comment