Monday, October 02, 2006

I love Comcast on Demand. Who needs a movie store, when they can just watch movies at home for free whenever they want to? The other day Clark and I watched the movie, "The Brothers Grim" (actually, I was the only one who watched it, Clark slept the whole time). I had never seen it before, and I thought it was pretty good. It was very different then I thought it would be. The best part of the movie is seeing all the different references to fairy tales that are hidden in the story line. The main jist of the story is that the two Grim brothers go around saving towns from monsters and such, when in reality it is all a scam and they create the monster, and then they "save" the town from the fake monster. Eventually they get caught in their scam, and they are sent to a town with a real monster. As they work to figure out what is going on, they realize that they are living in an unfolding fairy tale, and they have to help determine what the ending of the tale will be. I thought the movie was fun, but I'm not sure I liked it enough to buy it.

On an entirely different note, one of our new friends here in Colorado told us about a website called www.craigslist.org it is basically like amazon or ebay, except it is all local, and so you don't have to pay shipping, and you can just go and pick up the item that is being sold. Anyways, so we decided to check it out, and we found a free weedwacker on it, so we drove to the place and picked it up! Now we can work on chopping down the 3 foot tall weeds in our backyard (you think I am kidding, but I am not). The weeds are disgustingly tall. When we first moved here, Izzy didn't even want to walk on them. She would walk on the small gravel border that goes around our yard rather than venture into the jungle.

2 comments:

Travis Butterfield said...

wow. I HATED that movie. I thought it was down-right painful to watch. But, at least you liked it. I would feel sorry for you if you hated it as much as I did.

Anonymous said...

So.....whats in your fridge??