Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Greatest Show on Earth

Last night Clark and I went to the Barnum and Bailey Circus of your Dreams! We had so much fun. It has been a long time since either one of us had been to the circus. There were horses and elephants, and crazy cool acrobats. I really liked the acrobats, but I don't know if I can call them my favorite act, because I loved all of the acts. There was even a strong man! He was so manly strong that he had a Jeep drive over his stomach, and he also took a cannon ball to the gut (Granted he had this steel thingy covering his stomach, but that is still a lot of force. He didn't even fall over when the cannon ball hit him). I am still trying to figure out just how real all of that was.

In other news, for our latest home-improvement project Clark and I went to Home Depot on Friday and bought some new blinds. The blinds that came with the house were the accordion style that you have to raise in order to see out the window. They were not in the best of shape. One of them had a huge coffee stain on it, and another one was falling out of the window. We replaced them with white faux wood blinds. Like all projects it took us longer than planned, but once we figured it out with the first window we sailed through the other three.

I am still job hunting. I think I have realized that I am being overly picky in my job choice, and it is because my income is no longer necessary in order to pay the bills. Instead, working is something that I want to do to fill my time, which means that I want to find a job that I enjoy. The school library job that I applied for never got back to me, and I have no phone number to contact them at, so I just assume that I did not get the job.
Yesterday I applied for two jobs. One is as a receptionist, this is about all I know about the job because I applied online and they did not supply much information. The other job I applied for is called a Aerial Photographer. From what I understand, I would be flying around and taking pictures from the plane using a really powerful camera. I have no idea what the hours are, or how much flying I would be doing. So I applied for the job and if they get back to me I will be able to ask them some of my questions and find out if it is a job I would enjoy, but doesn't it sound like and awesome job? I think it does.

Anyways, this post is much longer than I anticipated, so I will get going. Have a nice day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..aerial photographer! When I visited Mom yesterday I thought of you. The people that run the social/therapy section are so fun with the patients. I'll bet you could do something like that with your sociology degree. How did your chicken dish turn out?

Unknown said...

the chicken was okay. it didnt make it onto the "make again list". yesterday i made some sweet and sour chicken. now that was some good eats.