Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mesa Verde

DAY 1

We arrived in Mesa Verde at about 2:30 p.m. It was a beautiful drive, and we ended up driving through rain, hail, and snow! Corbin had a bit of a rough time in the car. He was very antsy. We finally stopped at Payless Shoes to let him crawl around the carpeted floors. Clark's parents' truck was having some difficulties, but after changing their air and fuel filters it was running like a champ. They, along with Clark's sister and her family, made it into Mesa Verde around 6 p.m. While we were waiting for them to get there (we were staying in their trailer), we drove up to the visitors center and then we went to dinner.



DAY 2
We went to church (I ended up staying out in the car with Corbin because he was fast asleep), and then we went back to the Mesa Verde visitors center. After that we went to 4 corners, which I thought was fun, even though there wasn't much to do there.

DAY 3

We spent 11 hours today at Mesa Verde. I was amazed at how well Corbin and his cousin Kaycee handled it! They were great little hikers. We went to 4 different ruins. I was really surprised at how far they were spaced from each other . The first two were about a 40 minute drive away from the second two. That would be a really long walk. I guess I just assumed that they would all be right next to each other. The day started out pretty cold. I was really glad that I had brought both a jacket and a blanket for Corbin. However, as the day wore on, it warmed to a perfect hiking temperature. Oh, and that night when we got home, Clark was holding Corbin and the little dude decided to poop out of his diaper and all over Clark. It was so funny (although I'm sure I wouldn't have been laughing had it happened to me!)

This looks like a hut that my brothers and I built back in Riverton.


Here Clark is going down into a kiva (underground dwelling), this was the only one in the park that people were allowed to climb into.

All tired out





DAY 4

Welcome home! Corbin was great on the way home! He slept for about 3 of the 8 hour trip (7 driving and 1 eating/let Corbin crawl around). Corbin was so happy to be home. He was crawling as fast as he could around the family room and kitchen. It was so cute.

8 comments:

Carmen said...

Looks like fun. I'm loving all of the pictures!

Jen and Dakota said...

Hey.. It looks like y'all had a lot of fun! I am glad Corbin did well.

Lumpy said...

looks fun. im glad corbin was a trooper for you guys.

Anonymous said...

What a fun adventure! Aren't backpacks the best?? It looks like you had a great time..and little Corbin too. He even almost fell asleep in church! At least he made it to the parking lot ;)
Fun pics!

Kylee said...

What a blast! Isn't it fun to take the little ones out hiking, etc? We will have to go camping together sometime soon!

mamagee said...

Staci, you are amazing. I can't believe you got these beautiful pictures posted already. We haven't even unpacked totally. Thanks for sharing such a special time with us and the Faddis'. We loved being with you all!! Corbin and Kaycee really were amazing. You two families are great parents. Way to go!!

KristiBT said...

Great pictures Staci! I've got to plan a trip there - my boys would love it.

Nichole said...

I haven't been to Mesa Verde but I plan to very soon. It looks so neat and I've always wanted to exlpore and hike there! It looks like you guys had tons of fun!