Monday, July 16, 2007

Coupons are nice, but...

I sure feel bad using them, sometimes. Today I went to Walgreens because they had some stuff on sale that we needed, and I used some coupons while I was there. They had conditioner on sale, buy one, get one free. And I had a coupon for the same stuff, that was buy one, get one free. So essentially I got $10 worth of conditioner for absolutely nothing. But the poor man at the checkout was having the hardest time with my coupons. I felt really bad for him. He had to get someone to help him enter them in, and then when I got out to the car, I realized that he had charged me full price ($15) for some baby stuff that was on clearance for $3. So I had to go back inside and get that fixed. So, what should have been a 10 minute shopping trip turned out to be nearly 3 times that. I didn't mind waiting. It's not like my life is really busy right now. I just felt bad for the poor man that was trying to ring me up. He was having the hardest time, and the people in the store were kind of being jerks to him. It's too bad that using coupons has to be so difficult (but at least I saved a whole bunch of money!)

2 comments:

TBUTT13 said...

exactly why i dont bother!

Travis Butterfield said...

that's pretty much the very reason why I don't use coupons. I would rather pay more than have to wait while some clerk had to figure out how to enter them into the computer. Plus, I think I would feel embarrassed about being cheap - even though I don't know why. It isn't really being cheap, it's being thrifty and smart. But, I still have that fear. You're much braver than I am when it comes to such things.