A week ago, Clark and I were hungry for a Sunday afternoon treat. We had some frozen apple pie slices in the freezer, so we made those. We didn't have any ice-cream (so sad, I know), so I suggested we whip up some Dream Whip (basically it's whipping cream in a box). We poured it into our mixer, and after about a minute there was a big bang, an a bunch of sparks shot out of the back! It was crazy!
I went and found the user guide for the mixer, and found out it has a 1 year satisfaction guarantee. That didn't help us so much, because my parents gave us the mixer for Christmas 2007. We have had it for 1 year and 4 months. Clark and I were pretty mad.
I decided to call customer service anyways to tell them what happened. And they replaced our mixer for free! I am so happy! They were so helpful! I really didn't think that they would do anything about the mixer, and that they would just tell me, "too bad, the warranty has expired." So. Moral of the story: It never hurts to ask. Because you just might get a new mixer.
Monday, April 27, 2009
mix it up
Posted by Unknown at 2:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Very good point. That is hilarious because while I was making something yesterday, Caden told me that your kitchen-aid was broken. Now I know he was right! He also said that Clark was singing some weird songs. It is amazing what kids pick up on! Thanks so much for watching him. We can't wait to watch Corbin!
Okay, you always find the best deals, or make sure you get the best deals. You are amazing. I think I would have just given up and not tried. Way to go!
That is good to remember, thanks! Also I LOVE Corbin's muddy pictures!
I'm SO GLAD you called on your kitchen aide machine!!! That machine should last a lifetime. Just goes to show that a call can make a huge difference. Way to go!
Post a Comment