Sunday, April 05, 2009

book group

I hosted book group last Thursday. We read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. This was my second time reading it, and I enjoyed it more than the first time. Partly, I think, because I paid more attention to what I was reading. The first time I read it (about 1 1/2 years ago), it was purely for enjoyment. This second time I knew I would be leading a discussion, so I really paid attention to the writing. I asked more questions, and I thought more about the things I read. I haven't really done that for a while. It was nice to use my brain. Sometimes I feel that I don't use my brain enough, now that I stay at home with Corbin every day. I need to try harder to find ways to engage my mind.
Anyways. I made cookies for the book group. Pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. It's a great "Taste of Home" recipe, that I got from my friend Rachael. I let Corbin try out the cookies, to see if they were acceptable.
I think he liked them. :)

3 comments:

Mom said...

I wish I could have listened in on your discussion. The Book Thief is such a beautifully written book. There is alot that could be discussed.

Send the cookie recipe!
I figure if Corbin likes them..so will I ;)

Travis Butterfield said...

I've never heard of that book. Hmmm. I'll have to add it to my list.

mamagee said...

He sure does look like he liked (no loved) them!