Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Ole!

I found this recipe online yesterday. I was looking for a way to use up some of our flour tortillas before they went bad. This recipe was really good, and it was really easy to make. I highly recommend. I cut the butter in half, and I also added some canned corn to my pizza.


Mexican Tortilla Pizza
Ingredients:
1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken in water (drained)
1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 can refried beans
1 tablespoon butter
4 six-inch flour tortillas
1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese (shredded)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
black olives (sliced)


Directions:
Preheat oven to broil.
Combine chicken, tomatoes and green chiles and garlic powder in a small bowl.
Mix well and set to the side.
In a small saucepan, combine beans with 1 tablespoon butter.
Heat on medium until hot, stirring occassionally.
Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Place tortillas on baking sheet.
Broil tortillas one minute per side until crisp.
Remove tortillas from oven.
Decrease oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
Spread bean mixture on each tortilla
Spoon chicken on top of beans.
Top with both kinds of cheese.
Garnish with black olives, if desired.
Bake five minutes or until cheese is melted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

those sound yummy, we'll have to try them!

Anonymous said...

my exact thoughts - sounds yummy!!

Anonymous said...

I think this would be a good dish to make when everyone is here for Thanksgiving! Can't wait..

Lumpy said...

those look easy enough that i would probably make them...maybe