Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Blessings


In church on Sunday, the bishop talked about how we can receive blessings from paying our tithing. The cool thing is that I had already been thinking about how Clark and I have been receiving financial blessings. It seems like every time we start to feel the money crunch, we have gotten a little extra money from somewhere. It actually reminds me of a story about one of my ancestors (at least I think it was an ancestor, hopefully this is not just some story I have heard elsewhere, cuz that would be embarressing. Anyways, I don't remember who it was, and I am going to totally butcher the story). They gave away their last bit of flour to a leader in the church. They were then promised that they and their posterity would never want for food. The next day a neighbor brought over a wagonload of food that they owed the family.
P.S. Don't freak out. Clark and I are far from being down to our last cup of flour :) It is just neat to know that we are being watched over....now if we could only get Corbin to sleep through the night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures!! Yes..that IS a true story about your ancestor...Thomas Butterfield! Your dad and I have pondered through the years..how that promise affected our family. We never did want for food, and now that promise extends to you both. Pretty wonderful isn't it? When you come, I'll pull that story out for you.

Anonymous said...

Man, Corbin is huge. I can't wait to see him again. Be Safe and we will see you in a few days.
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Staci,
I have been thinking along the same lines, maybe because of Thanksgiving and all. We (the Gee side) have been totally blessed, too. I know that sometimes our blessings may not come immediately but our cup really is so full. We, too, are excited to see you guys. It seems way to long. He is really growing and so gorgeous (just like his Dad!) Love to see them hanging out together!!

Butterfield Family said...

Wrong story. Thomas Butterfield helped Joseph Smith escape from the mob by giving him his fastest horse and $50 in gold. That is where the promise came from. I've never heard the story about the flour.