Friday, November 02, 2007

Crossing to Safety


I participate in my ward's book club, and right now we are reading a book called "Crossing to Safety" by Wallace Stegner. This quote really stuck out to me, and so I thought I would share it, "I believe that most people have some degree of talent for something-forms, colors, words, sounds. Talent lies around in us like kindling waiting for a match..."

I really like that image.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words. I love my ward's book club. We are small but have great times and discussions together. I'm glad you joined.

Anonymous said...

hey, is this the pioneer crossing book? stegner is pretty good. i had a class aboot his stuff but we never read "crossing..."
bye from jeppy

Unknown said...

this book isn't about pioneers. it is set in around the 1930s and it is about life of 2 college professors. i haven't figured out yet why the book is titled "crossing to safety". so far i really like it. do you recommend any of his other books?

Anonymous said...

The book he wrote about the pioneers is called; "The Gathering of Zion". Written from the perspective of a non-mormon, Stegner does a nice job. Pres. Hinckley has even quoted from this book!