Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Corbin!

One year ago today, I went to my weekly doctor appointment. It was 5 days before my due date, but I wasn't really having any contractions, so I didn't think the baby would be coming for at least another week or so. At my appointment, they found that my blood pressure was pretty high, so the doctor gave me the choice to be induced that day, or be monitored for 24 hours. Since I was already dilated to 4, I decided to be induced. So I went home to grab my bag, and a quick bite to eat. I called Clark and asked him if he wanted to have a baby today, and thought I was kidding at first. He hurried home from work, we installed the car seat, and then we headed off to the hospital. We checked in at 1 p.m. They induced me at 2 p.m., and broke my water at 5 p.m. Corbin was born at 8:58 p.m. The umbilical cord was wrapped twice around his neck, so the doctor had to quickly cut the cord (which sent blood spurting across the room. In some of the pictures you can actually see it on Clark's shirt) and get it unwrapped. After that he started crying and they cleaned him off and handed him over to me. I can't believe that a year has already passed since that day! I love my little boy, and it is so much fun watching him grow up!

7 comments:

MOMR said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORBIN. IT HAS BEEN FUN WATCHING YOU GROW. YOU ARE SUCH A DOLL.
LOVE

AUNT RHONDA

Lumpy said...

happy birfday little guy...glad we got to hang out while you guys were in town

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet little Corbin!!!
Staci..I love your "year collage"..such fun memories of a special little boy. Give him a kiss and hug from Grandma!

mamagee said...

Staci, What a beautiful collage!! What a darling child and what terrific parents you and Clark are. And on a side note - you do need to go into the photography business. Your pictures are always amazing. Give Corbin a day late kiss and hug from his other grandma!! Hope you got my call.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Corbin!!!
Corbin is such a cool little guy, I'm sure he gets all of his good qualities from his grandpa B. Clark and Staci, enjoy every day in your time of raising your family. Also, don't forget to take time each day and enjoy each other.
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

happy birthday corbin!
i love you

Trying to be said...

Cute! i love the outline. it is crazy to think how fast the year goes by. its kinda hard to see that year go by so stinkin fast! we love you guys!