I have finally finished Corbin's quiet book, and just in time for his birthday Saturday! I am pretty proud of myself. It took me a long time to put it all together. You can click on the pictures to enlarge them and see details.
In case you can't tell, the pink bottle is a reused lotion bottle that I made into mosquito repellent. Corbin can practice twisting on the lid.
The next page has places to put a notebook and a pencil.
The fish have magnets on the back, and there is a magnet on the string, so you can move the fish around the maze. I got the idea for this page, along with the idea of the lock and key on the next page from this website. Under the lock and key there is a pocket with a wallet in it, and so far I have made Cookie Monster and Elmo credit cards to go in it.

The car is attatched to the book with an elastic cord.
The car is attatched to the book with an elastic cord.
Felt food, and pick the apples from the tree. I eventually want to number the apples, but that can wait until later.
Inside the Noahs Ark is a Noah figurine I bought from the dollar store, and some small plastic animals.

10 comments:
Staci...that looks awesome!! I hope Corbin has a great birthday with lots of cake!
you're so creative! what a fun present for corbin
That is so great! You've inspired me to make one for my 6 month old nephew for christmas!!!
Holy Cow that looks awesome! Great job!
Shoot i am amazed, you have lots more paticents to sew than me. i think i might have pulled my hair out by the end of that! Your my hero. Now you can make one for Kyler! :)
holy cow stacer! thats such a cool book. nice work...my birthday's october 20th...just so you remember
Wow..oh Wow!!!! What a tremendous amount of work and love you have put into this special book. I can picture Corbin just loving each page! Way to go Staci.
You accomplished something that will last and last!!
Kiss Corbin for me today and wish him a very HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Um, it's official - you're the coolest girl I know. Seriously. I'm so glad to have such a cool person as my sister. That's the neatest little book! Way to go!! Have you ever thought of sending it off to see if you could get someone to mass produce it? You'd be a millionaire! Seriously.
thanks for all the compliments! i can't take all the credit for the book, for about 1/2 the pages i used a pattern that my friend has. and corbin seemed to really enjoy his book today in church! he loved playing with the car and with noah, and putting the key in the lock.
That is totally a way cool book. Clark and our kids had one when they were little and used it for hours. It will be cherished for a long, long time. You are very creative - your birthday cake was also awesome!!
Post a Comment