
Clark and I both didn't have to go to work again today. This has been a pretty bad snow storm (you know it is bad when the malls are willing to close down, during their biggest sales week of the year). Last night the other receptionist at work called me, and she works in the morning, so she had gone in yesterday before the storm got too bad. Well, she couldn't get home last night! She was driving home along a pretty major street here, and the cops had blocked off the road, and so she was forced to find a hotel for the night! She lives about 5 minutes South of me and Clark, and so if I had gone to work yesterday, than I too would have gotten stranded!
So, last night we decided to have Christmas a little early, what with all the snow and all. We had been planning on opening our gifts on Friday night, so that we wouldn't have to bring them all to Utah with us. Instead we just decided that since we were snowed in, it would be a great time to open gifts. Clark got me a down blanket that is oh-so-warm, and a hot chocolate thermos, and a dvd burner (becuase we have a dvd camcorder, and so he wanted to get that for me so that we can edit videos once we have the babe). And I got Clark a nice looking BYU watch. Also, Clark surprised me by getting us both a new camera!!!!! We have been looking lately at some digital cameras that fit the lenses for my current film camera, and we had picked out a Canon 8 megapixel that we really wanted. So Clark went ahead and got it for us! I am totally excited, and I have already played around with it a lot. We had both really wanted to get a nice camera before the baby comes, and so this is a great treat. I took some pictures of Izzy with our new camera. Check it out. 
Izz absolutely loves playing out in the mounds of snow!

4 comments:
I have more pics of izzy in the snow, but blogger is acting stupid. i will try again later.
Staci,
I got so excited when you told about opening your Christmas gifts that I immediately went and opened up your gifts from Santa and they are sure nice. Whoops Mrs. Santa hadn't wrapped them yet. I hope that you are able to endure the blizzard of 06. I am hoping that the airport opens soon so you can come home. You and Clark should build a snow cave in that big drift in your back yard. See you in a day or so.
Love,
Dad
ha ha ha. Already opened your gifts. I can sure tell that you are related to my oldest brother Jefff.
I'm jealous of your snow!! Will you still be able to leave on the 23rd?
What in the world are you going to do on Christmas morning?....you'll have to buy more gifts :)
Post a Comment