Friday, December 15, 2006

Ginger Spice

The other day I wasn't feeling so well. I think it might have been something I ate, because Clark wasn't feeling completely up to par either. And, I am proud to say that I still have not yet thrown up (cross your fingers!) So I asked my boss, Paul, if there was anything I could take to settle my stomach. He got me some ground Ginger to make into a tea. I decided to try it yesterday. What an interesting experience. The tea made my mouth kind of tingly and warm (like I had just eaten something spicy, and as Dad would say, it had a nice "glow"). It kind of freaked me out, and so I asked one of the acupuncturists about it that day at work, and she said that it was normal. Basically what she told me, is that pregnancy has made my qi (pronounced chi) unbalanced. Qi is the life energy that flows through the body, and good health depends on the quantity and balance of Qi in the body. Apparently pregnancy can cause the Qi in one's stomach to become loose, which allows the food to make its way back up...otherwise known as morning sickness. The ginger tea is supposed to strengthen the Qi and thus make you feel less queasy. Kind of interesting stuff if you ask me.

Tonight we are going to Clark's work party. It should be pretty fun. The invitation says "black tie optional" which means that if you have a tux, you should wear it, but if you don't then don't go out and rent one. However, what does that mean for us women? I am just going to be wearing a black skirt that has some creme colored flowers, and either a black shirt, or a creme sweater. I haven't quite decided. Anyways. I sure hope they serve me lots of food at the party, because that is the main reason I am going :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can never go wrong wearing black, especially if youre not sure. Black tie is dressy. Have lots of fun! Wouldn't it be great if you miss the throw-up stage?!!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of a warm glow, I have had it since I heard you and Clark were expecting. Congratulations! Keep your Qi in check.
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful time at the party. Your Mom is right, you can't go wrong with black. Just want you to know how very excited and thrilled we are for the two of you and are praying that you will have an easy time and that your Qi will stay in balance!! Can't wait to see you soon!