Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It was meant to be...

I am just sitting here at work, waiting to close up. We had a patient show up almost 30 min late, and so I will be closing a little later than I might have. I am getting kinda hungry, so I hope I don't finish up too late. But while I wait, I wanted to make a post that proves just how right Clark and I are for each other. The other day I was talking to a patient and she said that she thought that "gee" was a type of butter, so today I googled it, and this is what I found.

According to Wikipedia, ghee (pronouced the same as my last name) "is a type of clarified butter that is important in Indian cuisine. Ghee is made by simmering unsalted butter in a large pot, until its water has boiled off and its protein has settled to the bottom. The clarified butter is then spooned off, taking care not to disturb the milk solids on the bottom of the pan. This method of preparation gives ghee a somewhat nutty aroma that Western clarified butter does not have."

And so, it is now quite clear that it must have been something akin to fate that brought Clark Gee and Staci Butterfield together.

4 comments:

Travis Butterfield said...

ba ha ha. that's awesome.

Butterfield Family said...

Mmmm. Ghee is good stuff.

Anonymous said...

But...you and Clark don't like butter?!!

Anonymous said...

That is too cool!! I knew from the moment Clark said your name that you were someone very, very special. Thanks for always making him so happy. It was meant to be!