

Corbin has been taking swimming lessons at the Parker Rec Center for the last couple of months. I think that he has been progressing really well. Last week, his class got to jump off the diving board. When it was Corbin's turn he made his way to the end of the board. I could tell he was scared because he was inching along, taking teeny, tiny steps. He finally got to the end of the board, and he froze. His teacher had to climb out of the water, and help him back off the diving board because he was too scared to move in either direction.
Fast forward to this week. The class had the opportunity to jump off the diving board again. I expected that Corbin would not want to participate. However, this week, he walked to the end of the board and jumped right in! It made my little heart quite proud. He's a good kid, that Corbin. Now, Corbin loves the diving board. He said the prayer at dinner tonight, and he mentioned the diving board at least 3 times during his prayer. One of the things he said was, "and thank you that every pool I will ever go to will have a diving board..."

3 comments:
Oh...good for Corbin! I totally understand his fear that first time. I was the same way!!
Tell him Grandma Becky thinks he is very brave and that I can't wait to see him dive!
What a cool little guy. Cant wait to see you guys
Awesome!
Post a Comment