For Labor Day weekend, we drove down over to Torrey, UT (near Capital Reef National Park) to camp with the Butterfield fam (minus Troy and Whitney). It is a beautiful area. We had a lot of fun, and it was so much fun to see all the boy cousins getting to know each other. Corbin hasn't stopped talking about "my cousins" since we got home last week. We went swimming and played wiffle ball and frisbee. The kiddos were loving the playground at the campground. They especially loved the see-saw. We also went to see petroglyphs.
Lindsay spotted me on a back handspring, and I was scared I would kill my wimpy self. I haven't done a back handspring in about 7 years (and that thought makes me feel REALLY old). But I survived. And I actually did better than I thought I would. Didn't even land on my head. Go me!
Corbin and Rex
The nights and mornings were blustery and cold. But as soon as the sun came up the wind would stop and it would get nice and warm.
Tom licking Eli's wide open mouth. Definitely the funniest moment of the weekend.
The group. We had this view from the campground. Pretty, isn't it?

The cousins. Poor Avery was completely tuckered out.
Playing at Trickle Falls. I think the boys could have stayed here all day. Jay dug for buried treasure. Rex pretended that some bowls were boats. Corbin played with his trucks. And Eli was content to just wander around.
Corbin has been getting so much braver in the water. He doesn't freak out when his face gets wet. And this was the first time that he swimming with out his goggles. Totally awesome.

6 comments:
Awww you got to play at Trickle Falls! You must have some pretty amazing hookups to find that place! :)
LOVE all the photos! Fun memories...so glad you all drove so far to be with the family. It meant the world to us :)
I had a blast with you guys. Thanks for the post
yay! at least someone posted their pictures. we'll get around to it eventually :) we had so much fun and miss you guys and your sweet kids. I love the picture of your kids in the dog crate in the previous post. what kind of mother are you?
What a totally awesome trip!! Family gatherings are just the best!!
That frog floaty thing that Corbin is wearing is so cool! Looks like fun.
Post a Comment