Wednesday, January 19, 2011

birthday weekend

Well, another year has come and gone. Having mine and Clark's birthdays at the beginning of Clark's busy season is definitely not the greatest thing. But we still managed to have a good time. My birthday was Saturday, and Clark was able to get off work by 4:30, so then we went and picked me out a new phone. I got the Droid Incredible. So, I have now joined the cool phone group. Go me! The main reason I even post about the phone, is because I am sure when I read this post in 5 or 10 years I will laugh at how much technology has changed.
After the phone store we took the kiddos and went out to eat at Panera Bread. It was delicious. Then we went home and taught Corbin how to bowl on the Wii. He loves it. Now he asks to play it everyday. And he also asks to play the games on my phone everyday too. :)
I think my favorite part of my birthday was when Clark tried to sing me my family's crazy birthday song. He could only remember about half of the song, so he just made up the rest. I was laughing so hard! It was awesome. Here are the real words:
"As years go by they seem to do the nicest things for you
And every time you add one more, your 12 months dearer than before.
A very happy birthday, a very happy birthday, a very happy birthday especially for you.
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear _____
Happy birthday to you"

Clark's birthday we went to church, played bowling some more, ate a nice dinner and had ice-cream cake. So, it wasn't a very eventful weekend, but just being able to spend some time with Clark made it a great weekend.
Here's to hoping that this busy season goes by quickly, because we are all already tired of the long hours.

4 comments:

Kylee said...

Staci, I forgot it was your birthdays! I would have watched the kids for you! I hope you both had a great birthday! I will call you soon to get together and try to remain sane. :)

Mom said...

I love that Clark tried to sing the song! What a guy :)

Sounds like a fun birthday weekend! Hope this 2011 is a great one for both of you...hang in there these next few months "this too shall pass"!

Katie Gee said...

I'm so glad you guys had a good birthday weekend. Happy Birthday to you both!
I'm now understanding what it means to have a "busy season." John is working a 10 hour day. Really he's gone for 12 hours including drive time. Maybe that's not as much as Clark, but I can sympathize...I get it, I totally get it. Miss you guys.

mamagee said...

We love you both, and just being together sometimes is just the best present ever!!