Saturday, June 05, 2010

Saturday night sunset

Clark has been really busy with work lately. He worked until about 11:30 pm each night this week. He even had to go in to work today. But we still managed to have a really nice evening together. We started the night by making a little trike track for Corbin in the street in front of our house. I love that we live on such a quiet little street, so that we were able to do this activity. Corbin absolutely loved it.
After the trike we got out Corbin's wagon and took a walk to throw some rocks in the little stream by our house. Luckily I brought along the camera, because there was a beautiful sunset while we were walking. We ate some ice-cream once we got home, and then got Corbin into bed. Corbin has been having a tremendously hard time going to sleep at night. He won't stay in his room. His favorite excuse is "Mom/Dad, I want a big hug." Which is really cute the first time, but after about an hour of fighting to get him to go to bed, it gets really frustrating. The other night Corbin was crying and screaming for about 15 minutes because I wouldn't let him leave his room. Once he was finally quiet for a few minutes, I went to check on him, and this is how he had fallen asleep.


Anyhow. Here are some pictures (and a video) of our nice Saturday night.




Corbin took the above picture. I think he did a great job!



4 comments:

mamagee said...

Okay - Grandpa and I had the best time watching Corbin have such a blast on his course!! What an awesome idea!! You are such a talented MOM!!! Corbin looks soooo tall! Can't wait to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

What a fun fun idea. Wish I had thought of it with all our little boys! He is one lucky boy.
Corbin looks so L O N G ...fast asleep on the floor.
Oh..tugs at the heart.

Lumpy said...

what a cool sunset. glad you guys are doing well

Unknown said...

Are you sure that was Corbin? It looks like Fred Flintstone to me the way he uses his feet instead of the pedals. He is sure growing up. You both look great in the photo that Corbin took (looks like he will be a future Sterling Scholar) It snowed 4 inches on me this morning at camp, when will spring ever come???
Love,
Dad