Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our holiday weekend!

We have had a really fun Thanksgiving weekend. I am sad that it has gone by so quickly! On Wednesday our friends the Farnwsorths (thanks again, you guys!) babysat Corbin so that we could go to the temple. When we got home that afternoon, I was cleaning up in the front room, and I could hear Corbin playing with the door to Izzy's crate. That's nothing new, he likes to open and shut the door. When I went into the kitchen to check on him, I saw that Corbin discovered a new play area!


It totally grossed me out to see Corbin in the dog crate, but I couldn't take him out when it made him so happy.

On Thanksgiving we had just planned to hang out at home and eat a nice dinner. Well, at about 9 a.m. a family from our ward called to invite us over for Thanksgiving dinner. We were so surprised, and were very happy to accept the offer.

On Friday we drove up to Estes park in the afternoon. We met up with our friends Peter and Jennifer and their son Dakota. It was pretty cold, so we got some hot chocolate and then watched their lighted Christmas parade.



Saturday, we brought up all the Christmas boxes from the crawl space. I also cooked my first turkey. I am really proud of how great it turned out.



Corbin loved going through all the Christmas boxes with us. I am happy to say that so far he hasn't tried to pull the tree down. We'll see how well he does once we get the ornaments on the tree. Corbin helped me put up a window-cling nativity that I bought last year. This is how it turned out. He likes to stack all the pieces on top of one another. When I separate them, he places them right back on top of each other. Funny guy.

Corbin found an mp3 player, and so Clark turned it on and helped Corbin put on the headphones.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving - looks like fun! We ended up with kids getting sick Thurs morning, so we spent the holiday scrambling to find a turkey and hanging out at home by ourselves with sickies. Boo. :(

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had fun. We missed you!

mamagee said...

Thanks so much for sharing your special weekend. I am totally impressed with how beautiful your turkey looked!! We did miss you guys, but are so glad you had a wonderful time. Move over Izzy - Corbin is taking over.

Travis Butterfield said...

We certainly did miss you guys. Dad made the most amazing smoked turkey I've ever tasted. It was really fun to play with the nephews, and to play with Kyle's Wii! I finally got around to giving him his birthday present, which was 2000 points for his Wii (1000 of it I designated for Strongbad's game for cool and interesting people, part 4 (Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective). And then he downloaded Super Dodge Ball and Punchout. So, I figure it was a pretty good present.

Anyways. I'm excited to see you guys next month for Christmas!!

Becky said...

We missed you all! I'm so happy you had such a fun weekend. I'm totally impressed with your turkey...it looks delicious!
Cute Corbin..he was bound to discover the "dog crate hut" ;)
It looks like you have snow!
Wish we had some...