Do you get flu shots for your child/children? I can't decide if I should have Corbin get one...
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do you get flu shots for your child/children? I can't decide if I should have Corbin get one...
Posted by Unknown at 3:11 PM
7 comments:
Uh...we raised all of you in the dark ages...there was no such thing!
So I'm not the expert on that ;)
We have usually done it. But there have been a few years here and there when we just don't get to it.(Like this year.) I honestly can't say that the kids are more or less sick on the on or off years, so I don't stress about getting them, but that's just me. Good luck on deciding. ;)
Hey Staci-How are you? I love seeing your blog. Corbin is so cute.
My answer to your question, is no, I don't get flu shots for Miya but I wish I could. She is actually allergic to eggs and there is eggs in the flu shot. But our doctor recommends it otherwise for children under 6. I hope that helps.
Yes, we all get one every year. I've been getting flu shots for like 15 years, and I've never gotten the flu. Actually, none of us has ever gotten the flu, which is why I keep getting the shot for everyone.
we give kaycee a flu shot. 2 years in a row now. she hasnt ever gotten, especially now being in nursery... just a thought! :)
Um- I didn't get shots until Tucker started going to Nursery and Preschool. They're so little and always around you and home that I didn't really worry about it. Since Corbin is the only babe at your house- you don't need to worry about the virus spreading. I've got them the last 2 years since we've had newborns and preschool germs around the house. I don't think you need to stress about it until he's exposed to lots of other kids and germs if you don't want to. He's old enough now that he could handle the flu without a hospital scare (hopefully) And once they turn 3 they just get the mist in their nose- much better than a shot!!
I do get flu shots for my kids. When Kate was one I only got the first half of her shot, I forgot to get the second. Well, she ended up with the flu!!!! It was the worst week of my life. She was so miserable! I felt so bad for not getting the second half of her shot! The flu is awful! She had a high fever for days. All she wanted was me to hold her, day and night! She was on so much medicine. I rotated Motrin and Tylenol every 3 hours for days, just to keep her fever at 100! So, now I make sure we get the full dose!
Post a Comment