I am copying my cousin and making a post about recipes. I am always looking for new recipes and if you have any good ones, please feel free to comment or send me an email. I thought it would be fun to share a few of my current favorite recipes.
* Pumpkin waffles. I found the recipe for these while surfing the web a while back. I finally got around to making them this week. They are really good.
2cups flour
1 TB sugar
2 TB baking powder
½ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. salt
2 TB cinnamon
4 egg yokes (save whites)
1 cup pumpkin
1 ½ cup milk
1 TB vanilla
¾ cup melted margarine
Mix first 6 ingredients together, then add remaining ingredients. Beat 4 remaining egg whites until stiff and fold into batter. Cook in waffle iron.
*Mexican tortilla pizza. So easy, so fast, and so good.
1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken in water (drained)
1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles (drained)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 can refried beans
1 tablespoon butter
4 six-inch flour tortillas
1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese (shredded)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
black olives (sliced)
Preheat oven to broil.Combine chicken, tomatoes and green chiles and garlic powder in a small bowl.Mix well and set to the side.In a small saucepan, combine beans with 1 tablespoon butter.Heat on medium until hot, stirring occasionally.Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil.Place tortillas on baking sheet.Broil tortillas one minute per side until crisp.Remove tortillas from oven.Decrease oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Spread bean mixture on each tortilla. Spoon chicken on top of beans.Top with both kinds of cheese.Garnish with black olives, if desired.Bake five minutes or until cheese is melted.
*Mini Meatloaves
1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix
1 cup water
3/4 cup shredded cheese
3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Mix meat, stuffing mix, water and Italian seasoning until well blended. Press evenly into 12 medium muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray; make an indentation in center of each with back of spoon.
SPOON spaghetti sauce evenly into indentations in meatloaves.
BAKE 30 min. or until meatloaves are cooked through (160°F). Top with cheese; continue baking 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
Note: You can substitute the Italian seasoning and spaghetti sauce for:
-3/4 cup chunky salsa and 2 tsp. chili powder
OR
-3/4 cup Barbecue Sauce and 1 tsp. garlic powder
*Cheddar macaroni beef casserole
Really fast to make, and easy on the budget :)
*Fresh green beans
I leave out the onions, and use dried basil instead of fresh.
*Crockpot recipes
I love the blog, A year of crockpotting. If you haven't heard of it, you definitely have to check it out. Here are a few of my favorites:
Indian Chicken
Tortilla Soup
Korean ribs
and of course, who doesn't love a good roast?
Friday, September 12, 2008
These are a few of my favorite things
Posted by Unknown at 12:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yum! I've already copied them off. The pumpkin waffles sound fun for fall...and I can't wait to try the Indian Chicken ;)
Those do sound good, we've been stuck in a rut so it's nice to get new ideas. I saw you read East, good book huh? Have you heard about the Love Comes Softly series? I think there are 8 books and they turned them into Hallmark movies. I haven't read the books yet, but I've seen the movies and they are really good. I checked out the first on at the Library and going to start it. Thought you might like to know!
janet, i have read all the love comes softly series. the books are much, much better than the movies. i think you will like them!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/recipe-file/
This is a great blog as well - she has some great recipes.
Staci,
Thanks for the recipes. I hope to start cooking again (in this life time) and these sound wonderful and easy!!
Post a Comment