Monday, June 04, 2007

Now, this is just crazy

"The most prolific mother in history was a Russian peasant who had 69 children in the 18th century, 67 of which survived infancy. Between 1725 and 1765, she endured 27 multiple births, which included 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets, and four sets of quadruplets."

How do you like them apples? You have to just feel sorry for the poor woman.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable!!!!!! I'm taking this to work to share. Where did you find this little tidbit?
Everything is about perspective...one seems pretty easy huh. Remember that on some of the sleepless nights coming up :)

Unknown said...

here is a link:
http://www.britannica.com/ebi/article-205004

Jasmine said...

unbelievable. And without an epidural! I'm glad I wasn't her!!!

Travis Butterfield said...

Dang. What was she, half rabbit? She didn't have babies, she had litters. That's kind of really freaky.