Today for dinner I made a roast in the crock pot, and Clark made some smashed potatoes. This is only the second time I have made a roast, and I must say that this one turned out quite wonderfully! I even made gravy with the drippings (the last time I made gravy, it didn't turn out at all, so I am really proud of myself). It was a very yummy meal that would have made all of you very envious.
In other news, it snowed today. That makes for 5 weekends in a row that we have recieved snow. Today we probably got about 6 inches. The crazy thing is that about 25 minutes before church, I got a call that said that our ward will be holding sacrament for those who can make it to the church, and all other meetings for the day were cancelled. We went to sacrament, but we would not have gone if we didn't have 4-wheel drive. Even with that, we were all over the roads. I am so glad that we got the trailblazer, Clark and I wouldn't have made it this far into the winter if we only had the escort and the neon. That car has gotten us through many a snowy road this winter. I just don't understand why Colorado is having such a hard time clearing the roads. I mean this is Colorado...don't they expect to get lots of snow? And yet with every snow storm it takes them days to clear the roads. It is as if they are caught by surprise with each storm. I just don't get it. Clark had to go into work this morning, and he said that even the freeways had not been plowed yet, and that they were just as bad to drive on as the side streets. What is the big problem? Makes no sense to me.
So for Clark's b-day I got him some leather gloves from Marshalls (it is a store like Ross and TJ Maxx). He wore them today because of all the snow. Anyways, come to find out they are gore-tex brand, which I guess is a pretty good brand, becuase when a guy at work saw them he said something like "oh, I have a pair of gore-tex gloves, they are way nice. I spent $200 on mine, how much were yours?" We spent $10. Granted they were super, super on sale from Christmastime. And I doubt they are the same quality as his mucho expensive gloves, but it still makes me pretty proud that Clark and I got such a good deal. Woohoo!
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Sunday Dinner
Posted by Unknown at 5:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Wow. Good deal on the gloves. I bought Ryan and Britton leather driving gloves for Christmas from TJ Maxx and they were $20 each, and I thought that was a good deal.
OK,
This is your uncle Dee. Gore-Tex is a very high end brand. Its waterproof. Anything Gore-Tex is a great deal. I have a Gore-Tex rain jacket, shoes, and pants. I dont like to be wet. When I sat in ORegon for a 4 hour football game, I was dry as a desert because of my Gore-Tex. Good buy on the gloves.
I am glad to hear that you and Clark had such a yummy dinner and that your roast turned out so well. While you were feasting on your rummy roast we had to eat burnt offerings. I, too, cooked a roast yesterday and forgot to push a button when I tried to turn down the temperature before we left for Church. I knew I was in trouble when I came home and smelled!! Oh well, like the story goes..."It was the best burnt roast we had ever tasted." Good deal on the gloves... Richard actually had a job offer once from Gore-Tex and almost took it except the kids would have had to be bussed over an hour on a free-way to keep the schools integrated. I'm all for integration, but that was going a little too far. The company was impressive, though, and we have always heard that Gore-Tex was the best!! Hope you are feeling great!
Forgot to mention that I am so grateful you have that car. It makes me feel a little better about you having to travel on those awful roads. I can't figure it out - we didn't have to worry about that in Fort Collins. I'm sure Clark told you that.
Way to go with the roast dinner! My first experience was similar to Linda's. VERY burnt roast after coming home from church. We had to air out the apartment and leave for a while (while in Logan, and it was freezing outside!). BE CAREFUL driving out there..slow and steady.....
I love snow, but I hope it warms up soon, too scary driving in slippery conditions, it has a way of knocking down fences! :)
Hey, your birthday present is in the mail (for both of you because we're poor).
Post a Comment