You are all going to think we are dorks, but last night Clark and I bought a crib and changing table! Now before you start laughing at our over-eagerness, I have to tell you that I think we got a great deal on them. We have been watching Craigslist the last couple weeks, just looking at what they had, and these were a great deal! They were only used for one child, but they look brand new. We haven't put them together yet, but here are the online pictures that the couple used to sell them.
They aren't really the best pictures, maybe I will post some better ones after we set all the stuff up. The changing table came with the baskets you see, and the little changing pad. The crib did not come with the mattress, which is okay with me, becuase I think it seems rather unsanitary to use an old mattress. We will just buy a new one eventually. Our goal is just to slowly start accumulating things, so that at the end we aren't stuck needing to purchase lots of things. And this way we can shop around to find all the best deals :)
ps: I am continually surprised at how nice the people are that we meet through craigslist. When we bought the tv, the man and his son helped clark load it into their truck, so they could deliver it to our house (not to mention they invited him to dinner when he went over to look at the tv). and then this couple gave us sheets to wrap all the crib parts in, so they would not get scratched while we drove them home. what friendly people. makes me want to be a better person.

4 comments:
you better get better you jerk! ha ha just kidding
makes me want you to be a better person too. sheesh.
How exciting! They look terrific. You two are so smart and always get the best deals. Way to go. I don't know about you, but it makes me so excited for the two of you to have this little one here. Hope you are feeling great.
Oh Staci..they are perfect! Half the fun of expecting a baby is the anticipation and planning and finding just the right things for the baby! What a deal! I've priced the baskets at Babies R Us..and just those add up! Way to go! How could anyone not be nice to you and Clark??? :) We think the world of you both! Won't it be fun when you know what the baby is and can begin decorating in the color you want??
Post a Comment