About 3 years ago, my family gave us the kitchen table that I grew up with. It's about 25 years old. The week of the 4th of July we finally got around to re-finishing it! It was quite the project, and we are pretty happy with how it turned out. Clark was in charge of all the sanding, and I did all the staining. And, after all that hard work, I am going to freak out when it gets it's first scratch. And let's face it, with two young kids, scratches are inevitable. Sigh. Good thing my little rascals are cute! We're hoping that the table will last another 25 years, and who knows, maybe we will pass it down to one of my kiddos one day.
The before pictures:
 |
| Clark, the master sander |
 |
| Working on the stain the in garage |
 |
| This is how we ate for 2 weeks. |
 |
| And here is the finished product!! We did it! |
5 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! It is just beautiful! I love the two-tone look. That set is indestructable...you really can't damage oak. Love it..good job you two :)
I love it!! What a difference! So did the benches come with the set or did you use the table leaves?
Thanks! Mary, the benches came with the set, but we never used them because they were loose and needed to be tightened up, so they have been sitting in our crawl space until now.
Wow! Cant believe its the same table
wow that looks awesome!
Post a Comment