Monday, October 31, 2011

Costa Rica - Day 5


Our last full day in Costa Rica was spent soaking up the sun, on the very beautiful black sand at Hermosa playa (beach). It is currently the rainy season in Costa Rica, so there were hardly any tourists on the beach, or in Jaco. In fact, we actually had the beach all to ourselves for the couple of hours that we played there. We stayed at a beautiful resort called Los Suenos (A big thank you to Clark's hotel reward points. They made the stay practically free.)

This is the view from our hotel window. The hotel had it's own beach, Herradura, within a couple minutes walk.
Such a pretty hotel



A crab I found on Herradura beach

The following beach pictures all come from Hermosa beach. It is such a beautiful, beautiful beach! I loved it. And the weather was perfect. It was the first sunny day we had on our trip, and because we we were so used to having lots of cloud cover, we ended up getting quite sun burned.








"Hey, Clark. I'm going to do a handstand. Tell me when to go."
"Okay....now!"
Thank you, Clark, for the wonderful timing. I got completely soaked :)

















And below is a picture of the sunset, as seen from our hotel, the last night of our trip.


At dinner. Look how nice and burned we got at the beach!! And here is a cute video clip of a little band that came around and serenaded us during dinner.
And then, the next morning we left for the airport super early, and we slowly made our way back to real life. As we left San Jose, we got to see this great view from the plane, of Arenal volcano.
A BIG thank you to my mom, for watching the kids for us!! The kids loved spending time with grandma, and Clark and I enjoyed having a kid-free vacation! However, I must add, that the minute I left my house the first day, I couldn't stop thinking about my kiddos. I missed them like crazy. And my mom told me that Corbin prayed every night while we were gone, that Clark and I would be safe from the volcano's lava. What a sweet boy!
Avery, on the other hand, was mad at me for leaving. When we finally walked in the house Tuesday night, she wouldn't even let me hold her! The little rascal! Luckily she warmed up to me again by Wednesday morning.

3 comments:

Lumpy said...

Holy cow! What a cool place. Im very jealous but happy you were able to go.

Grandma Becky said...

Love all the photos! I'm so happy you both were able to get away and enjoy a beautiful vacation.....
However....I got the best deal, taking care of two little sweethearts. Loved every minute!
Go again! :)

Katie Gee said...

I'm jealous too! How awesome and beautiful that place is. I'm glad you got to go.