Thursday, April 15, 2010


Sunday night we moved Corbin's mattress out of his crib and put it on the floor. It works as his new "big boy bed" until we decide what kind of twin bed to buy. I kind of like transitioning with the mattress on the floor because I don't have to worry about Corbin falling out of bed. I know some people think that Corbin is pretty old to just barely be moving out of his crib. But he has only tried once (unsuccessfully) to climb out of the crib, and keeping him confined in the crib made life easier.

Corbin loves his "new" bed. The first two nights he played in his room until finally falling asleep at 10 p.m. However, last night I only heard him playing for maybe 15 minutes before he went to sleep. We are definitely making progress.
Yesterday around 11:30 in the morning Corbin kept saying that he wanted to go to bed. I just figured it was because he wanted his paci (which will eventually be the next thing to go), so I told him he couldn't go to bed until after we cooked our french fries for lunch. So, Corbin went upstairs anyways. I went and checked on him 5 minutes later, and he was zonked out on his bed. I was amazed!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Snug as a bug in a rug :)

Smart little boy..to know when he is tired and wants to sleep.

Travis Butterfield said...

but did he have a fork balanced on his nose? that's what I'd like to know.

mamagee said...

He looks totally adorable!! What a sweet heart. Can't wait to see him and you guys!!