Monday, February 08, 2010

Great news

Corbin had an ultrasound this morning on his kidney, and we got some great news! The ultrasound showed no reflux, and his kidney looks great! For the first time in 2 1/2 years, Corbin will be off medication. I am so happy that the surgery was successful. Poor Corbin had a rough time with the ultrasound. And I really can't blame him, after all his doctor appointments in the last 3 months. He is pretty scared of going to see the doctor (in face, we took Izzy to the vet last week, and Corbin was really nervous. He kept saying, "I so scared" and he hid behind his hands while the vet looked over Izzy).
The cute thing was that after the doctor looked at Corbin's ultrasound and said that everything looked great and that we could go home, Corbin happily exclaimed at least 3 times, "I all better, I go home now! I all better!"

We do still have to go back again in one year for another ultrasound to check on Corbin's kidney. But he is off his medicine, and we are so happy that the surgery was a success!

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm glad Corbin is all better too. What a sweet little boy. He's been a little trooper

Jasmine said...

That's great! I'm glad you guys don't have to go back so often now. Corbin is so cute!

Travis Butterfield said...

That IS great news. He's such a funny kid!

Kylee said...

Hooray for Corbin!! That is so great! Hopefully he can get over his fear of doctors now that he doesn't have to go for very unpleasant things. We need to get together soon!

TBUTT13 said...

Woo hoo!!

Mom said...

Oh..happy day! That is great news. Thank goodness we live in a day and age when such wonderful medical help is available..even if it is frightening to a sweet little boy!
Hope you celebrated!

Lumpy said...

oh man i love that little guy. great news!

mamagee said...

That is fantastic news. We were praying so hard for this outcome. I thought it was today - what a great surprise that it is over and done!! We are thrilled!!

mkchilds said...

thats great! I am so glad!

Travis Butterfield said...

he'll get over his fear of doctors. you did. remember when you used to cry whenever you got your photo taken because you thought the camera was like the photo treatment you got for your birthmark? for some reason corbin's situation reminded me of that . . .