Who needs a gym membership? Not me. I have the wonderful combination of a potty-training two-year-old, and 2nd floor bathrooms. Corbin will start dancing around and will yell, "I have to go potty!" So we make a mad dash up the stairs (sometimes with me carrying him), only to have Corbin walk in the bathroom and say, "I feel better." Not wanting to push him, I tell him that's okay, and we head back downstairs. Less than 5 minutes later, Corbin starts dancing around again, and yells, "I have to go potty!" Up the stairs we go again. This time I make him sit down. But nothing happens. So after about 15 minutes we go back downstairs, only to have an accident 5 minutes later. And this happens at least once everyday. Usually twice. It took me an hour to boil water for pasta the other day because I kept having to turn the stove off to run upstairs.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
exercise
Sigh.
Corbin actually has no problems staying dry. He hasn't had a wet accident since we started potty training 1 1/2 weeks ago. He even stays dry at night, which is really great! It's the other part that has him a little confused. I'm hoping it clicks soon. Otherwise, we might have to take a break and try potty-training again in a month or so. I guess we'll see.
One funny thing, Corbin will sometimes sing the WonderPet's theme song, and change the words from:
"WonderPets, Wonderpets, we're on our way..."
to:
"Underwear, underwear, we're on our way..."
Posted by Unknown at 11:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
You are more of a woman than me, I would have a potty chair downstairs. :)
I read in one book a while ago about doing a party to help celebrate successes and encourage continuing with potty training. I told Craigy I'd buy him a balloon and have cake when he pooped in the potty. He sat and sat on the toilet that day until it came out. And was so excited to pick out the balloon. I bought a cake piece and we sang, "Happy Special Day to you." It helped Craigy, maybe it might help Corbin. Good Luck! (Don't ask how we're doing now, though. He got the flu the day after that party for the next week- all progress went down the drain- actually into the diaper).
oh wow..that is quite the workout!! Good luck with that. Potty training a boy is hard work. That is great he isn't having many accidents, though..look on the bright side! We can't wait to see you soon!
I love that he changes the words to the Wonder Pets song!! Cute! As for going poo in the toilet...we dealt with the same thing. Ava was fine with "yellow" as she would say...but when it came to "brown" she just didn't get it. She finally has it down but it took a while! Good luck!
LOL! This is hilarious! I'm only laughing because I have totally, totally, been there, done that. He'll get it soon.
Spencer would have my head for saying this but, he had a hard time with the brown too.
Oh..the patience we learn raising children! Hang in there, I promise he will catch on...he is one smart little guy!!
Good luck! Unfortunately I can't offer any words of advice...I guess being single does have its advantages. :)
He is one smart little guy and when the light bulb goes off - it will be just like magic!! Having the "yellow" down is amazing!
Post a Comment