Monday, January 11, 2010

But I like to cry

Today I sent Corbin to time-out because he was throwing a tantrum. He was yelling and crying for a while, so I told him he couldn't get out of time-out until he stopped crying. He immediately stopped crying, and he looked at me with a confused expression. Here is how conversation went after that:

Corbin: But I like to cry.

Me: Well, that's fine, but you can't get out of time-out until you stop.

Corbin: But, but...I want to. I like to cry. I like crying. I want to, I want to.

Me: Okay, but you have to stop crying to get out of time-out.

Corbin: But I like it. I like to cry.


Also, you will notice Corbin starts all his responses with the word "but." This is a new thing, and at first I thought it was kind of cute, and that it made him seem more grown up. However, after a few days of hearing it all the time, it's starting to get a little old.

4 comments:

Grandma Becky said...

But...its true, sometimes I like to cry too!
What a kid...can't help but love him to death!

Travis Butterfield said...

what a funny monkey. I hate crying. It's wimpy. He needs to toughen up! Ha ha. Just kidding.

TBUTT13 said...

wow thats funny. this kid surprises me all the time. maybe thats because i dont see him much. but still

Lumpy said...

you tell coybin its ok...i like to cry too! :(