This morning we took Corbin to the hospital to get the stent from his surgery removed. He was put under anesthesia again, and it was just as hard to get the mask on his face this time, as it was for his surgery a month ago. But everything went well, and now all that's left to do is stay on medication and go in for an ultrasound on Corbin's kidney in approximately 4 weeks. Corbin was really funny when he woke up from the anesthesia. The nurse asked him what he wanted: apple juice, soda, or a popsicle. Corbin wanted a popsicle. So the nursed asked, "orange, grape or cherry?" And Corbin said, "popsicle." The nurse said, "I know, do you want orange, grape, or cherry?" Corbin said, "popsicle." This went back and forth a number of times until Corbin finally got it, and said he wanted grape. Corbin loved the popsicle, but all the talk about grapes must have really put him in the mood for some real grapes. He started begging over and over for grapes. Clark and I kept telling him the hospital doesn't have grapes, and that we would get some on our way home from the hospital. However, this didn't make Corbin feel any better, because he insisted that the store also had no grapes.


6 comments:
He is such a trooper to have to deal with all of that...you are a trooper too. It's so hard when your own kids have to go through stuff like that! He is such a handsome little man!
Wow. I'm glad everything went well.
Im laughing so hard right now. Grape...what a funny story.
Oh...little Corbin in the hospital again. Hard on him...hard on you and Clark! I'm glad that is behind him now. It looks like his lips are purple (from the popsicle?)
What a funny guy.
Poor kid. I wish I could have seen him over the holidays. And you and Clark, too, of course. Ha ha. Anyhoo. I hope things go well when he goes back in a month.
We are so grateful that things went so well and anxious to see you all soon!!!
Post a Comment