Corbin had 2 tests done today on his kidney (the same tests he had done last year). The first was an ultrasound of his kidneys, and he did great during the test. After that he had to get another procedure where he was injected with dye, and then they took x-rays to see if fluid was still refluxing back up from the bladder to the kidney. For this test, poor Corbin had to get a catheter. He was such a sad boy. He kept crying, "owie, Mommy!" and was begging, "big hug?" He said this over and over again, and it just about broke my heart. One funny thing, is that Corbin kept calling the x-ray machine a "washing machine."
The tests showed that his kidney still has the same high amount of reflux that it had last year. It also showed that his left kidney is not quite growing at the rate it should be, so it is a weak kidney. We went ahead and scheduled a surgery date in December. They will re-align the tube that goes into the kidney, which will fix the reflux problem. The doctor is also going to check out the right kidney at that time to make sure that all is well in that area. I am nervous for Corbin to go into surgery, but it will be wonderful to have this problem fixed.
The nurses loved Corbin, and he was given multiple stickers from them, for being so brave. He has been sporting this one all day. Corbin says he is going to show it to Daddy when he comes home from work.

5 comments:
Poor Corbin. It will be so nice to get that surgery over with. I can't wait to give him a squeeze in a couple days. What a sweet post about Grandma. We'll all miss her so much.
I love that he put the sticker on his face. Poor little guy, what a trooper to go through what he has. We will keep him in our prayers. Can't wait to see you guys.
Oh..poor little thing. I'm storing up lots of "big hugs" for him!
I'm glad that he will get to have his Kidney all better. I just hate to see him have to go through the surgery, but so grateful that they have ways to correct the problem. He is such a special little guy and we love him to pieces!!!
I'm almost teary reading your post. Corbin is such a happy little boy you'd never know there was anything different going on with his kidneys. I just love you guys to pieces.
Post a Comment