Tuesday, June 03, 2008

smell and taste


The sunbeam lesson for this coming Sunday is about being thankful that we can smell and taste. I am thinking that I will bring little samples of things for the kids to smell and taste (possibly not letting them see the items, and then having them guess what the items are). Any suggestions? I have a girl in my class that cannot eat any dairy, so that limits my options a little bit. Here are some of my ideas.

SMELL

soap
cinnamon
perfume/aftershave (maybe let them put a little on)
lotion
flowers

TASTE

raisins
bread
apples
pretzels
-
Any kind of game/activity suggestions would also be appreciated. Also, does anyone know where I can buy those scratch and sniff stickers, do they still sell those things?

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

since my husband is vegan, I know that some breads have dairy in them, so depending how allergic she is, you might want to check the label. You're so luck to be teaching sunbeams. I seriously love sunbeams!

mkchilds said...

Ok so with my little munchkins at daycare one of their favorite lessons was the one about 5 senses---i know your only doing 2 of the 5 but here is the idea and you can choose to use it or not, it will smell the whole church up--or atleast half of it so you might have to take that into consideration....but what you do is get a popcorn maker--i have a hot oil one, but an air one works the same....you just pop it and let the listen, smell, see, touch and taste the popcorn. The think it is great!! Good Luck. Your idea sounds way cute too!

Anonymous said...

How about oranges, something chocolate, potato chips, maple syrup, ivory soap, rootbeer. Oh the list is endless! What a fun idea..the kids will love it!