We decided to make a trip out to Utah for the 4th of July weekend. I am glad that we did. We packed in a lot of fun while we were there! The drive is always long, but this time around we were really packed in like sardines with 2 kids in carseats, 2 adults, and our large dog Izzy (who weighs about 56 pounds) in the Mazda 6. Izzy had to lay down under Avery's carseat, because there was absolutely no other spot for her. But she didn't seem to mind. And then every three hours I got to climb into the backseat to feed Aves her bottle. This was no small feat. I had to squish myself between the large carseats, with my torso slightly twisted to the right, and my right arm draped on Avery's carseat because I couldn't fit sitting straight. And then because Izzy was beneath me, I had to stick my legs up on the console between the 2 front seats. Thank goodness the kids and the dog were really good for the long drives. We had to pull over to the side of the road for a few poopy diapers, and Izzy nearly had an accident in the car on our way back to Utah. We pulled over just in time. Thank goodness!! I'm sure in a few years I will really look back and laugh at the drive (heck, I already laugh about it), and that is why I am including all these details that no one but me probably cares about. Oh well. That's what you get for reading my blog.
So, that is probably enough about the drive. We had a lot of fun visiting family while we were in Utah. Corbin absolutely LOVED playing with his cousins, and jumping on the tramps at the cousins houses. It was nearly impossible to get get him off the tramp. We also went swimming, watched fireworks, did sparklers (a first for Corbin), played baseball, Avery cried when anyone tried to hold her (although by the end of the trip she let both Grandmas hold her for a few minutes if I wasn't close by), we watched movies, picnicked, went to Jungle Jims, ate out (and found out that Avery really likes to suck on pickles), and Corbin ingested glowstick and had glowing saliva (I panicked a little. Grandpa G was kind enough to call poison control. Totally non-toxic. Just has a hot peppery taste. Which makes sense, because Corbin kept saying that his tongue was burning)



Corbin's reaction while watching fireworks




4 comments:
Love the glowing saliva!!! Good to know they are nontoxic. And I love that last pict of Avery! so cute!
Really enjoyed you guys being in town
i can so totally imagine what the drive was like. I have been in almost the same situation...minus the extremely long distance... You made me laugh so hard reading...only funny to those who have had the wonderful experience. :)
Such fun fun pics!!! Come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment