Today I feel pretty proud of myself. I removed Corbin's drainage tube. The doctor told us how to remove it, but I was pretty nervous about it. The hardest part was cleaning around the stitch, so that I could cut the stitch out. After I did that, the drain was really easy to pull out. Corbin didn't even flinch during that part! It definitely helped that he was watching "The Jungle Book" and so he was nice and distracted. I am glad that I was brave enough to remove the drain (and it took me a day to build up that bravery). I think it would have been more traumatic for Corbin to have the doctor remove the drain.
Corbin is really happy that he doesn't have to wear his big bandage anymore. It was kind of annoying, because it was always falling off. Here's to hoping that he continues to heal well. I am still nervous about infection, because there is now a hole in his back from where the drain was located. I will be so glad when Corbin is 100% again!!
Here is a picture of the tube yesterday.
This gives you an idea of the total size of the drain.

6 comments:
Way to go Staci!!! I'm SURE I would've been nervous too! You're amazing. Get 100% soon Corbin! We love you!
Way to go brave mommie!!!...or should I say Nurse Staci :)
We'll keep praying Corbin continues to heal..
Get out Staci, you are totally unbelievable. What a Mom!! Corbin is constantly in our prayers for a speedy and full recovery!! We love all of you. Thanks Staci for being such an amazing Mom and Wife!!
nice job stacer!
I just read about his surgery. I am so glad that it is all done. You are an amazing mother. He would never be able to do it without you. Way to go! I am happy he is on the mend.
I am so impressed! That would not have been an easy thing to do. And I can't believe how big that drain was! Crazy. Glad he is doing so well and this is almost over. You guys have been amazing!
Post a Comment