Friday, August 23, 2013

1st grade!

Today is Corbin's first day of 1st grade! He is an Eastlake Dragon this year. Corbin was really excited to start school, I hope that he continues to be excited about school. I always loved starting a new year of school. I told Corbin that I was jealous that he got to start school, and he thought that it was funny that I miss going to school. I'm kind of a nerd.
I'm sure going to miss having my Corbin boy around all day. But, I think that this is going to be a great year for him. I like his new school. They seem to be pretty on the ball. And his teacher, Mrs. Lambourne seemed pretty nice when we met her yesterday.
Here's to a new year! We are going to celebrate by going out to McDonalds for ice-cream after school.

This was taken yesterday, at his meet the teacher appointment. He was so disappointed that he didn't get to stay all day at school.



My 1st grader!!!!

Avery was feeling left out this morning. She kept insisting that she was a big girl, so she wanted to go to school too. After we dropped Corbin, Avery said on the walk back to the car, "I miss Corbin!" So special. 

Corbin was very excited about his Star Wars lunch box. And that he now gets to eat lunch at school. 

And, Corbin insisted on a family picture. So, here we are!

5 comments:

Carmen said...

he's such a handsome little boy

jeff said...

I'm jealous of his lunch box. They sure didn't have cool ones like that when I was a youngster.

Jay Butterfield aka Bob Roberts/ Rex aka T-Rex Man said...

What a cutie. I can believe he's a big first grader!

Becky said...

What a day of days..when your child goes to 1st grade! What a little sweetheart he is. Love all the photos...and LOVE having you all close to home! :)

Lumpy said...

Awesome photos. Way to go Corbin