Thursday, August 23, 2007

Airport Adventure

Well, we got back to Colorado safe and sound on Sunday evening. The flight sure went a lot faster with a little kid to watch over. Corbin definately made sure that the flight was not a boring one. Our flight was scheduled to take off at 6 p.m., and I figured Corbin would start getting hungry right about 6:30. Which would have been perfect because we could then mix up some formula with bottled water when the flight attendents brought around drinks. However, as soon as they shut the door, and started pulling the plane out to the runway, Corbin started crying his head off, and I figured he was probably hungry, but the flight attendent said that she wouldn't bring us water until the plane was up in the air, and it was time for beverages. So I picked up Corbin from his carseat (the flight wasn't a full one, so we got to bring his carseat on the plane with us), and when I picked him up, there was a wonderful surprise on my hand. He had pooped through his diaper and through his onsie. Well, that left us with a little problem. We couldn't really take him to the bathroom to change him because we were about to take off, and we couldn;t just put him back in his carseat with a dirty diaper and let him cry. So we pulled out our changing pad, put it on my lap, and we changed him right then and there (which was no easy feat). Once he had on a clean diaper and outfit, Corbin was a content little fella for the remainder of the flight. After we landed I leaned over to unbuckle the seat belt from the carseat, and I caught a whiff of something just a little smelly. So I checked his diaper, and sure enough Corbin had once again gone to the bathroom, and pooped through his diaper and onto his onsie! This time it wasn't as bad, so we were able to wait the 5 minutes and just take him to an airport restroom to change him once again. I used our last two wipes on that diaper change, and he was lucky that I had another onsie for him to wear. I blame the second explosion on the fact that we had not really secured his diaper very well after the first diaper change (hey, you try changing a really poopy diaper on your lap, on a plane while it takes off and see how well you do up the diaper!).
It was nice to be in Utah and visit with family, but it is also nice to be home again. I need to get going, Corbin just woke up from his nap and is starting to fuss. Until next time!

2 comments:

Butterfield Family said...

Been there, done that. You have to be careful, because some of the airlines don't have changing tables in the bathrooms. I think I remember Southwest not having them.

Anonymous said...

poor lindsay. i cant imagine how she was able to change chads diaper on a plane in front of everybody. next time chad and lindsay should book a flight w/jet blue